PLIB libraries & examples Download
A portable, LGPL game development library.
The contents of PLIB are:
- GUI Widgets - A fully portable GUI interface that needs only OpenGL and C++.
- Sound/Music Replay - A fully portable Audio driver suited to C++, GLUT and realtime applications that need low latency.
- Matrix/Vector math - A set of matrix and vector math functions that was specifically written to simplify the writing of efficient OpenGL programs. You need to include this code into any SSG applications.
- Scene Graph - A scene graph library layered on top of OpenGL.
- Joystick - Supports more Joysticks with more axes and buttons than GLUT.
- Fonts/Text - Supports text output in OpenGL using texture mapped fonts. These are much faster to render than GLUT's fonts.
- Utilities - A simple portability library to hide basic operating system incompatibilities. UL is still in very early development.
- Scene Graph Auxiliary - Additional functionality layered onto SSG - not every SSG program will need these but they can perhaps save you some effort.
- C-like Scripting language - an efficient script execution environment that's designed to allow more control of the scripts execution by the application.
- A simple windowing library.
One major feature of PLIB is it's lack of external dependancies. Games can depend solely on PLIB and OpenGL - which make installation very much easier for you end-users.
NOTES ABOUT THIS VERSION:
* To INSTALL, unzip it to /boot folder.
* Requires at least Haiku r37903
* Rudolf 3D drivers, for a best fps
* Music, Joystick (missing in Haiku) and renderer are not implemented
* A Tic-Tac-Toe demo game is included
* The examples are builded with gcc4, but the sources are included
* If you're using vesa, please try the awesome MESA RENDERER WITH WITH SSE SUPPORT ENABLED, by Nikos V (aka tunestone57)
*** WORKS ONLY WITH ANY HAIKU VERSION **** big *THANKS* to phoudoin for the new GLUT functions!!!
- Submitted On:
- 07 Aug 2010
- Submitted By:
- Michael Vinícius de Oliveira (michaelvoliveira)
- File Size:
- 6,795.71 Kb
- GNU LGPL v2.1
- File Version:
- File Author:
- Michael Vinícius de Oliveira
- File HomePage:
- Click to visit site