Speed Dreams Download
Speed Dreams is is a 3d cross-platform, open source motorsport simulation and racing game. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). For the moment, the supported platforms are Linux (x86, x86_64) and 32 bit Windows. The Mac OS X port is 95% finished, more volunteers are welcome...
Speed Dreams is a fork of the open racing car simulator Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, as well as constantly improving visual and physics realism.
The current official release features :
- visually reworked menus by Brian Gavin, Eckhard Jaeger, Andrew Sumner and Jean-Philippe Meuret,
- 3 amazing fine tuned and balanced new car sets by Andrew Sumner and Haruna Say:Super Cars, 36 GP and LS-GT1,
- an updated TRB1 car set (well balanced, more realistic behaviour),
- 3 exciting new tracks and many visually improved ones,
- smashing liveries for all these cars, by Eckhard M. Jaeger and Haruna Say,
- 2 new TRB first-class robot for the Supercars, 36 GP and TRB1 car sets :USR by Andrew Sumner and Simplix by Wolf-Dieter Beelitz (at last real AI opponents !),
- animated driver by Andrew Sumner on 36GP cars, 3D wheels for all cars by Eric Espie,
- 2 new leader-board modes by Gabor Kmetyko, smoke on spinning tires by Andrew Sumner,
- brand new gauges by Eckhard M. Jaeger, and many many other small visual improvements,
- experimental Simu V3 physics engine by Christos Dimitrakakis,
- many menu improvements (support for grid shifting, optimized track select load time,category filter when selecting driver, more infos in results and standings boards),
and much more ......
NOTES ABOUT THIS VERSION:
* To INSTALL, unzip it to /boot folder.
- If you want to install into another folder, please edit the /speed-dreams/bin/speed-dreams-bin file, and replace the prefix path to /boot/whareaver
* Requires at least Haiku r37903
* Rudolf 3D drivers, for a best fps
* OPENAL SOUND ENABLED!!!
*** FOR GCC4. SHOULD WORK WITH HAIKU GCC2 HYBRID ***
* big *THANKS* to phoudoin for the new GLUT functions!!!
* Thanks to David McPaul and yeputons for help with OpenAL port
* Thanks to ZuMi for this beautiful icon!
- Submitted On:
- 25 Apr 2011
- Submitted By:
- Michael Vinícius de Oliveira (michaelvoliveira)
- File Size:
- 257,488.03 Kb
- GNU GPL v2
- File Version:
- File Author:
- File HomePage:
- Click to visit site