Exult Ultima 7 Engine Download
Latest version of the Exult engine, ported to Haiku!It is fully working and will use Haiku-specific paths for storing savegames and configuration files. (more specifically they are stored into the "/boot/home/config/settings/exult/" folder)This port, unfortunately, compared to Exult on other OSes, has a couple of missing features, namely:
- It doesn't play MIDI music, not even using Timidity (can somebody test and confirm this? It may be also a problem on my end). There is even a legacy "be_midi" driver, among others, in the code, but it should be updated to support Haiku, as it doesn't compile. Exult's own digital audio, on the other hand, plays fine, but I didn't include it since it is a rather big download. If you want it, here is the Exult digital audio pack; unzip it into the "/boot/apps/exult/data/" folder, then enable the digital music and SFX from the "Audio Options" menu.
- Exult Studio (U7 map/mod editor) is not included as it depends on GTK+.
Exult needs either the U7 or SI game data to work (or both, if you prefer ;) ), unpack them into their respective folders in "/boot/apps/exult/data/":
- "Ultima 7: The Black Gate" should go into a "/blackgate/" folder.
- "/forgeofvirtue/" is the folder for "Ultima 7: The Black Gate" + the "Forge Of Virtue" expansion.
- "/serpentisle/" for "Ultima 7 Part Two: Serpent Isle".
- "/silverseed/" for "Ultima 7 Part Two: Serpent Isle" + "The Silver Seed" expansion.
As it has been compiled with gcc4 it needs gcc4 SDL, ogg and vorbis libraries but don't worry, they are included in the package.Works with:gcc4: yesgcc4hybrid: yesgcc2hybrid: yesgcc2: I guess not... you're free to try, though
- Submitted On:
- 01 Aug 2011
- Submitted By:
- Michael Peppers (MichaelPeppers)
- File Size:
- 16,008.10 Kb
- GNU GPL
- File Version:
- File Author:
- The Exult Team
- File HomePage:
- Click to visit site