Haiku website search plugin for Firefox Download
About Haiku website search plugin for Firefox:
This is a search plugin that enables searching the Haiku website (www.haiku-os.org) directly from Firefox.
*** Adding the search plugin to your Firefox browser ***
1) Got to www.myhaiku.org.
2) Click on the Search pull-down menu in Firefox (located by default in the upper-right hand corner, to the right of the "Go" button).
3) Select [Add "haiku-os.org Search"] from the menu.
*** To use the search plugin ***
Once the plugin is installed, simply select "haiku-os.org" in the Firefox search pull-down menu and use the search as usual. Your browser will return search results directly from the Haiku website.
*** Adding the search plugin to your website/blog ***
If you want visitors to your website/blog to be able to add this search plugin to their Firefox browser, just do as follows:
1) Download the plugin (haiku-osorg.xml.zip).
2) Extract "haiku-osorg.xml" from the ZIP file and place it in your server.
3) Add the following line to the section of your website:
...where "pluginURL" is the path to the plugin file on your server.
Visitors will now see "Add haiku-os.org Search" in the search pull-down menu of their Firefox when they visit your site.
Details about this version:
- Submitted On:
- 19 Sep 2007
- Submitted By:
- Karl vom Dorff (karl)
- File Size:
- 1.30 Kb
- File Version:
- File Author:
- Jorge G. Mare
- File HomePage:
- Click to visit site