CL-Amp is an advanced audio player that make use of the famous WinAmp's skins. Right now it can play mp3 (also variable rate), vqf, ogg, sid, midi, shn, mod, mtm, wav, aiff, snd, au, 669, amf, dsm, far, gdm, it, imf, med, m15, stm, stx, s3m, ult, uni, xm. It support plugins which will hopefully make more formats available in the future. Also able to cross fade and save audio as wave files...
- Can play mp3 (also variable rate), vqf, ogg, sid, midi, shn, mod, mtm, wav, aiff, snd, au, 669, amf, dsm, far, gdm, it, imf, med, m15, stm, stx, s3m, ult, uni, xm.
- Can handle playlists from APlayer, MidiWorld!, SoundPlay and WinAmp. (plus its own playlists, of course ;)
- Fade in, fade out and cross fading. Everything adjustable to fit everyone... (ALT-F to get a window with fade prefs)
- Can save the audio to wave files (including cross fading)
- Supports id3 tags. Its also possible to edit them by selecting a mp3 song in the playlist and press I or E button.
- Shade mode
- Double size mode (ALT-D is one possibility, works also in the play list)
- Show played time or remaining time. (Click on the time display)
- Playlist like WinAmp 2.x
- Easy to change skin (right click in the window to get a menu and there you find the skin selector, ALT-S is another possibility...)
- Drag files or directories to the main window and they will be the actual play list and play is started
- Drag files or directories to the play list window and they will be added to the actual play list. Playing is not initiated.
- Start CL-Amp from a shell and give songs as arguments and they will be played.
- Volume bar
- Position bar
- Speed bar (automatic snap back to 100% is available)
- Shuffle mode
- Repeat mode
- Spectrum analyzer. Note that no background color is used! It gives this cool effect: (The picture on the skin is visible even when the analyzer is working)
- Volume analyzer when the player is in shade mode. (Turn off and on the Spectrum analyzer or the Volume bars by clicking on them!)
- The play list can be docked to the main window. When the main window is moved around the playlist will move along!
- ShoutCast and streamed audio.
- Plugin support (they are not compatible with WinAmp (can't be)
Details about this version:
The new mp3 decoder plugin I created for v3.7 did not skip over id3 v2 tags correctly which made it hang for long times on certain songs! I have now made the initial scanning much faster, corrected the bug and finally also corrected resync bug... Otherwise it's the same as v3.7:
- At last I have rewritten the mp3 decoder to also support variable bitrate. Earlier CL-Amp has been playing it as it should, BUT the estimated length has been totally wrong! Now everything shall work... (This new plugin is based on a newer version of the mpg123 lib than before)
- Lots of bugs in the playlist window has been corrected
- Songs are inserted where they are dropped in the playlist now. Not always last as it was before!
- A drag-to-other-workspaces-bug has been fixed
- A irritating bug in the snap to screen edge and fellow windows area has been corrected
- A new option has been added: "Always on top (on all workspaces)"
- A new option has been added: "Minimize all windows with the main window's minimize button"
- A new option has been added: "Remember speed settings at startup"
- A new option has been added: "Automatically play next song"
- (If this one is deselected, CL-Amp will stop after each song, making it up to you to select the next song to play)
- The Vorbis Ogg input plugin by David Burnett is now included in the archive! It has been around a long time, but since this is my first release since ages it's included now
- A VQF player input plugin has been developed by Takashi Toyoshima, and is included in the archive. LOTS of people have asked for such a plugin!!
- A SID player input plugin has been developed by Christian Bauer, and is included in the archive. Read about it at the Plugin page! Source code is available....
- The music format Shorten (.shn) can now be played. It's more like a zipped file than a normal audio file, but my new plugin handles it like a normal audio file anyway! However, it's not heavily tested so comments are welcome... Jumping around in a shorten file has to be done by scanning the file so be prepared for a longer delay than normal when skipping to a new position!
- I also want to mention: I have updated the plugin page where I have tried to include all available plugins! My most sincere apologizes for the long delay... And don't forget to check BeBits for CL-Amp stuff from time to time!!
- And btw, one more thing: Don't forget to write an e-mail to the plugin authors and thank them for their efforts!! That price I think is a bargain!
This time I have made an update available. The update is only updating the Mpg123 plugin, but since that's the only change, it should do! The about text in CL-Amp will still say v3.7... If that's troubling you, then download the complete archive!
- Submitted On:
- 29 May 2007
- Submitted By:
- Karl vom Dorff (karl)
- File Size:
- 1,523.07 Kb
- File Version:
- File Author:
- Claes Löfqvist
- File HomePage:
- Click to visit site